Canon Collins invites applications for Thekgo Bursaries. These bursaries are for registration fees for courses at postgraduate and undergraduate level in the following disciplines:
- Languages and Literature
- Media Studies
- Gender Studies
- Arts (Digital Arts, Drama/Performance Studies, Visual Arts/Fine Arts, History of Art, Film and Television Studies, Music)
In 2016 these bursaries will only be awarded to students studying at public universities in Gauteng; the University of Johannesburg, University of the Witwatersrand, UNISA, Vaal University of Technology, University of Pretoria and Tshwane University of technology.
Applications for courses that are not within these areas will be rejected.
Are you eligible?
To be considered for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- be a national of, or have refugee status in any African country.
- be accepted to study at a university in Gauteng, South Africa in 2016, for a full-time programme. Applicants must be in their first year.
- be able to demonstrate academic merit
- be studying a course within one of the areas listed above
- be able to demonstrate financial need
Please read theguidelines carefully for further information.
What we offer
In 2016 the Thekgo group will select up to 4 applicants for awards of up to R7500 per student, towards their first year’s registration fees.
How to apply
Please download the application form. Save a copy on your computer, and fill it in. You must return the form to Canon Collins by email, to email@example.com, by Sunday 20th December, along with your supporting documents.
In addition to the application form you must send us the following supporting documentation:
- Copy of your ID/passport
- University admission letter
- Proof of financial need (e.g. payslips, three month bank statement and/or statement of oath made in front of a law official outlining your financial situation)
- Proof of having applied for the university’s bursary schemes (e.g. NSFAS)
- Certificates (Senior Certificate, degree or other certificates as applicable)
- Academic transcripts
Please read the guidelines for information about supporting documentation.