Ntai Martin Khoabane
Durham University, United Kingdom
2005 - 2006
Chemistry: NMR Spectroscopy
- Born at Ha Paki, Mazenod Maseru Lesotho
- Challenges: NMR spectrometer decommissioned due to lack of funds by University, declining SACU revenues and the 2008 global meltdown.
- Research activities and potential frustrated as a result of the above.
- Achievements: winning the Canon Collins Scholarship to study in the UK and successful completion of the course. M.Sc. results culminating in peer reviewed publication in the Journal of Inorganic Chemistry of the American Chemical Society.
- Last publication (2011) in the Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Sciences. Current Involvements: Lesotho chapter of the Canon Collins Alumni.
Canon Collins Educational Trust Scholarship 2005-2006
Subscribed member of South African Spectroscopy Society. Gradually trying to move towards water and soil analysis research as well as chemical education research."